Intel has actually opened pre-orders for its very first salvo of Kaby Lake Core X-Series processors, so you can now book a husky CPU, with shipping start on June 26– simply a week today.
We initially saw the discovery of Core X at Computex a couple of weeks back, with the variety boasting some beast multi-core processors running all the method as much as an 18- core Core i9 CPU– however the latter monster isn’t really readily available to purchase yet.
- They’re no Core X, however the Dell XPS 13 is powered by Intel processors
Rather, the preliminary batch of Core X designs on sale range from quad-core to 10- core efforts, with 5 of them delivering next week (and 4 more to follow). Those 5 CPUs are the following: Core i5-7640X, Core i7-7740X, Core i7-7800X, Core i7-7820X, and lastly the Core i9-7900X, which is the 10- core offering.
Intel claims this latter design provides to 14% faster multi-thread efficiency and 15% much better single-thread efficiency compared with its predecessor 10- core CPU (Core i7-6950X), as benchmarked on SPECIFICATION CPU2006
Here’s the complete breakdown of the whole series of processors and prices:
- Intel Core i5-7640X (4.0-4.2 GHz, 4-core, 4-threads): $242(about ₤180, AU$320)
- Intel Core i7-7740X (4.3-4.5 GHz, 4-core, 8-threads): $339(about ₤270, AU$450)
- Intel Core i7-7800X (3.5-4.0 GHz, 6-core, 12- threads): $389(about ₤310, AU$515)
- Intel Core i7-7820X (3.6-4.3 GHz, 6-core, 12- threads): $599(about ₤470, AU$795)
- Intel Core i9-7900X (3.3-4.5 GHz, 10- core, 20- threads): $999(about ₤790, AU$ 1,325)
- Intel Core i9-7920X (12- core, 24- threads): $1,199(about ₤950, AU$ 1,590)
- Intel Core i9-7940X (14- core, 28- threads): $1,399(about ₤ 1,100, AU$ 1,855)
- Intel Core i9-7960X (16- core, 32- threads): $1,699(about ₤ 1,340, AU$ 2,250)
- Intel Core i9-7980XE (18- core, 36- threads): $1,999(about ₤ 1,580, AU$ 2,651)
Intel’s higher-core-count processors aren’t consisted of in this preliminary wave of pre-orders, however the business guarantees they will follow soon. The 12- core Intel Core i9-7920X will precede with shipping anticipated to start in August. In October, we can anticipate the Intel Core i9-7940X, Intel Core i9-7960X and 18- core Intel Core i9-7980X Extreme Edition.
As you’re most likely conscious, these CPUs are Intel’s response to AMD’s Ryzen Threadripper processors which increase to 16- core designs.
Darren Allan added to this post
- You might purchase a Surface area Pro 4 for the rate of a few of these CPUs